Professional cleaners are an essential part of life for many people. They save time, effort and sometimes even money by giving you great service at the best rates. If you are thinking of hiring a professional cleaning service, you probably want to know what to expect for each of the services they offer.
Professional cleaning services often have different packages. However, professional cleaning services offer up to three types of services which include:
- Regular house cleaning
- Deep cleaning
- Move-in/Move-out cleaning
A “regular house cleaning” is a common service offered by professional cleaners. But what does it include?
A regular house cleaning typically includes the things you would do on a weekly basis to keep your house clean. A regular house cleaning aims to maintain a basic level of cleanliness in your house.
When you contact a professional house cleaning service and request a regular house cleaning, these are some of the things the house cleaner will do:
- Arranging the rooms
- Vacuuming the floors
- Mopping the floors
- Cleaning the appliances and surfaces
- Dusting the surfaces and furniture
The house cleaners tasks will vary by the different sections of the house as follows:
All parts of the house
For all areas of the house, the house cleaner will ensure that surfaces are dusted, carpets are vacuumed, floors are mopped and trash is emptied.
A typical list of tasks would include:
- Dust and wipe furniture tops
- Dust ceiling fans
- Dust chair rails and door panels
- Dust lamps
- Dust picture frames
- Vacuum all carpets in the house
- Mop all floors in the house
- Empty all trash
In the Kitchen
In the kitchen, the house cleaner will focus on dusting, cleaning, disinfecting and emptying the trash. The duties that will be performed include:
- Dusting surfaces
- Dusting blinds, cupboards, cabinets and baseboards
- Cleaning and disinfecting countertops, sinks, door knobs and the microwave
- Cleaning, disinfecting and shining the exterior of the refrigerator, dishwasher and oven
- Vacuuming and mopping the floors
- Emptying all trash
In the Bedroom
The house cleaners task in the bedroom involves the same tasks as in other areas of the house. They will dust, vacuum, clean and empty the trash. They can also change sheets and make the beds. For many services however, this is done upon request.
A summary of duties to be performed in the bedrooms include:
- Dusting surfaces and furniture
- Dusting baseboards, door panels
- Dusting blinds, window sills
- Vacuuming carpets
- Mopping floors
- Making beds and changing sheets
- Emptying the trash
In general, regular house cleaning involves basic tasks and is designed to keep your home clean and spotless. A deep clean is similar to a regular house cleaning but it involves some more intricate cleaning tasks such as vacuuming furniture, removing cobwebs and washing windows.
It is advised to schedule regular house cleaning weekly, while a deep clean can be done every six months.